Last year was my first year participating in the MS Pedal to the Point, and it was an amazing experience. One that I’ll be repeating again this year, and one that I’d like to get others to join me for.
I have created a CrossFitters from Ohio team. My idea being that we can make a contribution to an amazing cause, use all of our hard training and maybe gain some exposure for CrossFit.
* There are over 400,000 Americans with Multiple Sclerosis
* About 200 people are diagnosed with MS every week
* Twice as many women have MS
* The onset of symptoms occurs most often between the ages of 20 and 40
* Life span is not significantly affected by MS
* MS is one of the most common diseases of the central nervous system in young adults
* There is no drug that can cure MS, but treatments are now available which can modify the course of the disease
MS Pedal to the Point: August 14-15, 2010
My team goal: raise $2,000.
Join CrossFitters from Ohio team: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/cfersfromoh
Today’s WOD: REST…REST AND MORE REST