I am often asked why personal training is so expensive? There are a few things that come to mind…..
1: What is your definition of expensive………..We all have our own definitions of what expensive is. If you work part time making minimum wage your definition of expensive maybe very different than someone who was born with a trust fund and unlimited finances. But let me ask you this…. how often do you get a starbucks cup of coffee, eat out or order drinks at $7.00/drink?
2: How much do you value your health………Lets stick with starbucks, eating out and ordering drinks analogy…..
- One cup of starbucks a day at $3.25 x31 days = $100.75/month and that’s if you only go once a day
- Eating out 3 lunches and 2 dinners a week….avg $15/meal x 5 meals a week x 4 weeks = $240.00/month
- Drinking while out…… 3 drinks 2x per week….. $7.00/drink……$168/month
- TOTAL: $508.75/month in coffee, eating out and drinks/month
- PERSONAL TRAINING: $50.00/hour 2x a week = $400.00/month
- WHICH HAS THE BETTER VALUE FOR YOUR HEALTH?
3: You clearly have no clue how much work it takes for your trainer…….Often we see the cost of that per hour price…. what we don’t see is the HOURS of work that goes into the behind the scenes to create that ONE HOUR! Hours specifically thinking about your needs and writing plans, reworking plans, researching plans….it’s so much more than just that hour sticker price.
The next time you wonder why something is expensive, step back and think about all the behind the scenes or ask yourself (or your trainer) WHY?